Sunday, November 25, 2012

"30 Days of Gratitude" ~ Day 25 ~ Food


"Food is tied to moments and memories that we cherish."  True dat! I'm thinking that it is less than surprising that "food" landed on the American Thanksgiving in 2009. (When this gratitude list was created.)

And really... that is a lot of why I am grateful for food.  For the family feasts that we have together.  For the less than feasts we share with friends.  For potluck meals with share with others.  Sharing a meal brings people together differently. The fact that it is something we all need, and something we all can share to bring us together is something to be truly thankful for.

We had this on our wall growing up - I'm sure I can't count the amount of times my bros and I tried to get away with saying this instead of grace:

"Good bread, good meat,
Good gosh, let's eat!"

No comments: