Friday, November 23, 2012

"30 Days of Gratitude" ~ Day 23 ~ Children

Recently, I had the opportunity to spend some time with a friend's son. I didn't expect the hang-time, and it started when I said:  "Oh, by the way I was thinking about you when I made this over Thanksgiving...."  This boy looked at my project with TOTAL interest. 

We talked ideas for embellishments.  Ideas for improving it next time.  Ideas for how we might make something together in the future. 

Then he told me about some of his interests.  We went and looked at videos of his interests.  We had a great interchange over interesting things on how he might make projects out of his interests. 

 We had that 'a-ha' moment when we realized we had some pretty similar interests and that we might have the basis for a friendship.  Sometimes children can show you how easy it is to build a new friendship out of an acquaintance.  I am grateful for that young fella. :)

No comments: