Friday, October 11, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 11 - Military and Vetrans

"This is not political. This is about appreciating the men and women who have put (or are at this very moment putting) their lives on hold and on the line for their country and its citizens. Do you have a personal connection to a soldier or veteran that deserves your gratitude? Here's your chance."

Over time one thinks through their ideals of youth, and one decides one was wrong on some, and believes more fully in others.  And sometimes you have one that keeps growing at your core that gets more and more solid and real - like the Tell Tale Heart, but in a good way.  One of mine that becomes more solid is the belief that we all have parts of us that are absolutely amazing.  And that we all have different types of weight we can bear.  And that if we all were to carry the weights we were meant to carry, and give with the amazing parts that we have to give, so much of the worlds ills wouldn't exist.

When I think of "the men and women who have put (or are at this very moment putting) their lives on hold and on the line for my country and it's citizens".... the weight of the gratitude to these men and women is overwhelming.  This is not one of the amazing gifts that I have to give - it is dangerous, it is scary, and it is more than I can even stop to think about without the weight, once again, becoming overwhelming.  It inspires me to ensure that I use my gifts - so that if they fill in for any of their voids, they can know my thankfulness.

This is one of those gratitudes that stops me in my tracks.  Thank you for your strength and your courage.

No comments: