Monday, December 03, 2012

A Grateful December – Day 3 – A Special Nature Spot


“Being connected to nature is one of the most healing and awe-inspiring endeavors of our days. Please take a minute to mentally revisit a special nature spot or park that gives you something to be grateful for and share it here.”

I remember specifically learning how amazing it could be to find a special nature spot within a city.  I was living in Brandon.  It was spring, and the river was just beginning to thaw.  My employer did the ‘come here’ hand wave and we piled into his vehicle, and took me to the shore of the Assiniboine River.  There were big cement locks (?) in the river, and the ice was breaking up and crashing over the locks, spraying onto the banks.  There was one cement pad/block where you could stand and feel the mist on your face.  That cement block became my journaling spot.  During the rest of the spring / summer / fall, you could hear the river rushing by, feel the heat of the sun and smell the green of the park behind.

I hope that spot continues to bring that little bit of outdoor peace to many people.  I am thankful that I had the opportunity to enjoy it.

No comments: