Thursday, October 17, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 17 - Local Shop or Group

"Maybe it's a business that you just love to shop at. Maybe it's a place where the staff has such a pleasant way of making you feel welcome. Maybe it's a local organization that offers an important service or program. The people and places in your community that provide the products and services that you need and in a way that makes you feel good are worth some gratitude. We invite you to add a public thank you to one of these local treasures."

Music was missing from my life.  And it was missing for so long.  I don't stop to think about it often, but every time that I do, I say a prayer of thanks for its return.

The local group I am thankful for isn't a business, it doesn't provide a needed service or program within my community.  It is a group of people who like to make music.  The Ukulele Club of Winnipeg is such welcoming group.  Watch the invites, the offers to share instruments, the invites to out of town friends and family.  I don't know how this group has done it, there must have been some plan?  They manage to let everyone feel a part of a bigger whole within minutes of arriving.  They seek out ways to send an extra welcoming hello.  When the music starts, I am "home" with these people.  And I am grateful for this local group.

No comments: