Monday, October 14, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 14 - Natural Beauty

"Gratitude for the beauty all around us is a way to feel connected to the rhythm and pulse of our natural world. At water's edge there are different experiences to appreciate than in a field of flowers. In the city it is different than the country. In the morning it is different than in moonlight. What takes your breath away and gives back gratitude?"

When I think of things in nature, I know that being in/near water and autumn colours are two of my favorite things. (The only way that a summer swim could be better is if it looked more like autumn.)

When I don't put a nature slant to it, some of my favorite things are "shiny" and "sparkly."  I have a silly theory that whomever invented sequins was trying to capture the beautiful of the sparkle of the snow on a perfect winter night.  Yesterday I watched the water sparkle as it flowed down the Red River.  Complete with the fall leaves surrounding it.  And now I wonder if whomever invented glitter was trying to capture the beauty of the sunshine reflected on a river. 

There are so many ways to enjoy the beauty of our world.  I am glad to have had the opportunity to share this view. 

No comments: